Laptop going into sleep mode unexpectadly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LisaVH

Hi everyone,

I had this issue the first time just 10 minutes ago. I was attending a meeting (so not really touching my keyboard or mouse at all) when my screen suddenly went to black for a second or 2. I moved my mouse and the screen came back, only for it to go black again 2 seconds later. It blinked like that for 4 or 5 times. I kept moving my mouse and pressing buttons, but that didn't help. Then the laptop entered sleep mode, so I turned it 'back on', and the issue started again so I just restarted the device and now the problem is gone. Normally I'd wait with seeking help and look for solutions myself, but I have a few exam meetings later today. During those my laptop absolutely cannot die. The most recent changes that could have an effect on my system are the installation of Bitdefender (last week), and turning off windows updates for the next seven days (this morning).

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20200930140557.000000+120
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 475 GB (376 GB Free);
Motherboard: CFL Octavia_CFS, ver V1.05, s/n NBQ5B11004932960083400
System: Insyde Corp., ver ACRSYS - 2, s/n NHQ5BEH00993304F273400
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online