1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop hard drive in different laptop.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dadyassa, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dadyassa

dadyassa Thread Starter

Hi guys, just joined and after a bit of your skilled advice.
    I have an Acer aspire 5738ZG with a blob (pixels blacking out) on the screen that is getting worse, I also have an Acer 5535 with a good screen although it won`t fit the 5738ZG, hard drive is smaller and for some reason can`t load windows on it.
    Is it possible to change hard drives or will Windows 7 that is on it reject it on the 5535.
    Thanks for your help. john

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you remove the hard drive containing Windows 7 from the 5738ZG and install it in the 5535, it most likely will not boot and run.

You will need to reinstall Windows 7 after installing the hard drive in the 5535.

Note: The Acer support site provides Windows 7 drivers for the 5738ZG, but not for the 5535.

It's my guess the 5535 came with Windows XP or Windows Vista.

---------------------------------------------------------

3. dadyassa

dadyassa Thread Starter

Thanks Frank, I thought that would be the case, it came with Vista as you say. Maybe time to get a new one as they are both getting on. :)

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You're welcome. :)

----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1126688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice