1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop harddisk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gujjar, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gujjar

gujjar Thread Starter

hello guys,

got a strange problem with my laptop when ever I turn on my laptop it boots perfect and I am in my windows then the problem starts here it gets too slow and then i cant go inside anything but the laptop is processing ok then i realised it seems like harddisk is making some strange kind of sound like tik tik but its too hard to hear that sound..

Anyways any suggestions or fixes what can i do with it...

2. Pookie

Pookie

run the hd manufactures boot utility and check it for errors

3. gujjar

gujjar Thread Starter

wher can i find this option i had never used this before

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What laptop is it and what hard drive is in the laptop? If you go to Device Manager it should list the brand and model of the drive under the hard drive section.

5. gujjar

gujjar Thread Starter

The laptop is Medion MD 42200 the hard drive is IDE/DISK HITACHI_DK23FA-80..

when ever i want to open any thing it takes half an hour only i can do is refresh as much i can...

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  7. gujjar

gujjar Thread Starter

i don't have a floppy drive so i downloaded the CD image file and i got ISO program to run image files I tried to run it but could not..

Any ways my laptop is up and working i don't know how but it is... but i would really like to run Drive Fitness Test..

thanks for the link ;P

8. mrss

mrss Guest

ISO files have to be burned to CD and your burn software has to support some type of burn_iso mode Then you set the PC to boot from CD in BIOS, and run the program from a boot. In other words, the program runs w/o needing your hard drive.

In the meantime, if you can, back up your important data. The tick-tick-tick usually means part of the hard drive is corrupt or failing.

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  10. gujjar

gujjar Thread Starter

Thank you guys I am going to back up my data and then burn the CD when i am done with whole procedure i will be back with the results..

Thanks

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/744747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice