1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop harddrive trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rufusta2, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rufusta2

rufusta2 Thread Starter

My son tried to clean up his laptop and did a disk compression on it and now it will not come back on. He keeps getting the following error code: OCSMY is compressed, hit ctrl/alt/del to reboot. It gives the same code with each reboot. It is a toshiba running Windows 7.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Are you sure that's the exact error message ? I ask because I can't find anything about it with Google.

What OS is on the laptop ? Do you have any disks for it ?

3. rufusta2

rufusta2 Thread Starter

It is the exact message that comes up when you turn on the computer. I can hit F2 to bring up the bios screen or F12 for the boot option. He is running Windows 7 and doesn't have any disks for it. He bought it from a friend. It has worked fine for months. He ran disk compression to speed up the computer and save space and then got this problem.
    I also tried to google it and could find nothing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1017528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice