Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop HD problems

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  mobo 
#1 ·
My Sony FX215 has been broken due to some HD failure. I replace it with a Fujitsu Universal HD for Laptops (60gb).

So now, I'm supposed to put in a new OS on it, right?
I try the XP CD but after it starts up, something about a partmgr.sys error comes up. The error pops up during the beginning of the loading. I don't have a chance to partition it or something.
Here is a link that describes it.
http://www.v2premier.com/techsuppor...Support Center/9/1/2/307/748/0000748-0000.htm

I manage to get a copy of 98 boot disk and boot that. I follow the steps to format it. I press the power button to restart (that is the way to restart right? i mean you don't type something in DOS), I type in "format c: /s" and another error comes up saying, Format is not supported in C drive.

What is wrong?

There IS a Fujitsu Disk Manager type thing but it is like $15 which is outrageous since I already paid $200 for this HD.

See less See more
#6 ·
Not really sure whats going on here but after doing about 20 minutes of reading google searches it seems that your problem is not the first of its kind and none of the other users could fix it as well but exchanged the drives and things worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.