1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop hinges

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sonal12, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonal12

sonal12 Thread Starter

Does anyone know anyway to prevent hinge damage to the laptop?
    My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 100-15iby and recently my hinge was damaged and a technician fixed it for $120 but I am afraid that the hinge will break again. And also my lap's base is damaged severely and they fixed with epoxy. Anyone knows how to prevent this from happening again? And BTW the hinges broke just by opening and closing the lid almost every day coz I use it for my college work.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. EngineerChick

EngineerChick

Following....
    I am wondering the same thing. It happens to my daughter's computers, too. She uses it a lot and brings it with her to friends' houses. It seems like it should be warranteed or something. It's happened to several of her laptops - Lenovo was one of them. Also Asus brand.

3. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Laptop lifespan is generally 2-4 years depending on use. Eventually the hardware wears out. Take good care of it. Plan to replace it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1189569

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice