1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop hooked up to tv cant display games

Discussion in 'Games' started by plvness, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plvness

plvness Thread Starter

OK I have a sharp model#32sb24u and an hp Pavillion dv6 notebook pc with windows 7 64bit so I have a microsoft hdmi cable I used it to hook my laptop to my tv and watch videos but when I try to run empire total war the tv goes dark any solutions for this

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Are you using with the Laptop screen also on - if so it maybe due to copyright protection - I know blue ray DVDs cannot be played on two screens from my laptop, as they thing you are copying the DVD using a 2nd screen
    Now i'm not an expert at games - so may not apply - but try setting laptop to ONLY use the HDMI output and see if this helps

3. plvness

plvness Thread Starter

How do I do that make it so only the tv is showing the image and not the laptop

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    the F key you use to switch the laptop to display on the TV should also by pressing again just show on TV screen - each time you press the key combination it will toggle between <laptop only><laptop and HDMI><HDMI only>

that may not be the issue - do you currently have the display on laptop and TV ?

5. plvness

plvness Thread Starter

it was showing on both I didnt have to hit any buttons

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice