1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop in permanent hibernation/sleep

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by summerisle, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. summerisle

summerisle Thread Starter

I deleted accidentally (!) the hibernation file via disk cleanup and also I think cocked up some power settings on my laptop.

Now it powers on and after the Toshiba splash screen all I get is a black screen.

I have seen all the solutions about powercfg, etc but how can I actually make any changes when I can't get into it in the first place?

All the lights are on but there's nobody at home :(

I'd be really grateful for help as I dont want to have to leave it in anywhere if I can do it myself

2. Betrayal

Betrayal

Well, it's always safe to back up your PC with a CD etc before doing disk changes.

3. summerisle

summerisle Thread Starter

I have a Vista DVD disk and would reinstall if I could get into the damn thing again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064149