Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laptop is overheating

1K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  denise21 
#1 ·
Hello, first of all sorry if my grammar is off, english is not my first language. So in august 2020 i bought a brand new HP laptop, it cost around 420 $ so it wasn't cheap. It worked completely fine and the games i downloaded worked perfectly as well. But as i installed windows 11 i found out that it slowed down my laptop and things werent working as good as when i had windows 10. so i deleted everything and got back on windows 10 which was about 4 months ago. my laptop started overheating so much even when i was doing the bare minimum. like i go on youtube to watch a video and the temperature of my laptop is 73 °C. I used to play The sims 4 on this laptop so much and it always worked but after i got back on windows 10 the temp is 90 °C while playing and after 15 minutes of gaming my laptop shuts down due to overheating. I tried to clean the fans but even that didn't work. Plus the fans are going like crazy, i can practically hear them across the room. I'm so desperate, please someone help me. :(

#2 ·
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

What is the model of that HP laptop? It may help us troubleshoot your issues.

How did you install Win11? How did you subsequently re-install Win10?

#4 ·
Hi and thank you! The model is Hp 255 g7. Well one day it just popped up on my screen that i can install Windows 11 so i said why not and got it. And after a few weeks i watched a youtube tutorial on how to go back on Windows 10. I didn't have the option to click on "Go Back" to the previous version of Windows so i had to do a clean installation of Windows 10 from the Microsoft page, which deleted all my files and stuff i had (i knew beforehand it would do it) and i didn't do a backup of any files.

#14 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19044, Installed 20220311170807.000000+060
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, AMD64 Family 23 Model 24 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3 Graphics
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (554 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 85EA, ver 51.02, s/n PJYCDB21TDL1DL
System: Insyde, ver HPQOEM - 2, s/n CND0156VNM
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

#15 ·
After re-installing Win10, did you install the drivers available on the HP website for this system?

#17 ·
You have to realize that $420 for a laptop is, in fact, fairly cheap. It may not have the best cooling system internally. That said, it should not be getting that hot. You may have to find someone who is capable of disassembling the laptop and check the cooling system. Maybe remove and clean/replace the heatsink compound. Verify the fan is working properly and that there are no blockages impeding airflow.

#18 ·
You have to realize that $420 for a laptop is, in fact, fairly cheap. It may not have the best cooling system internally. That said, it should not be getting that hot. You may have to find someone who is capable of disassembling the laptop and check the cooling system. Maybe remove and clean/replace the heatsink compound. Verify the fan is working properly and that there are no blockages impeding airflow.
Oh my. Okay, thank you for your advice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.