1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rocko1ny, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocko1ny

rocko1ny Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have an old Fujitsu Lifebook C Series laptop that I upgraded from Win 98se to Win XP(home). I want to use this laptop to connect to the internet. The only connection I have with this laptop is a dial up modem.
    Presently , I use my Desktop and connect to the internet using the Linksys Etherfast cable/router with 8 point system.
    How can I use this cable/router to connect to the laptop and use the internet.
    Thank You:confused:

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you only have dial-up, how do you connect to the internet using a cable broadband router?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Because, DoubleHelix, you missed the quick, mid-paragraph hop over to another computer! :)

I don't know what an "8 point system" is, but it sounds like you have a broadband router, so your best solution is to get an ethernet PCI card or ethernet USB adapter for the 98SE. Or you could get a dial-up ISP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice