Laptop keeps crashing. Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wakeboardjoe

Help Please!!!

Thank you all in advance

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 4076 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 600212 MB, Free - 489996 MB;
Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Help Please!!!

Thank you all in advance

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 4076 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 600212 MB, Free - 489996 MB;
Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
Hello and Welcome wakeboardjoe to TSG!

We're going to need more information then that. Are you getting blue screens? Is it just locking up on you. The more detail you give us the better.

hiya,more information there is, a better chance of resolving the problem,what are you doing on the laptop when it crashes?

wakeboardjoe

Thanks for the welcome & your help!! There really is no rhyme or reason. Totally random.

Thanks for the welcome & your help!! There really is no rhyme or reason. Totally random.
What are you doing when this issue happen? When you say "Laptop keeps crashing" is it freezing? BSOD? What?

Is there a minidump folder in C:\Windows

go to My Computer,click on your C drive,go down and click on the Windows folder,then find the Minidumps folder,select the 6 most recent copy and paste back on your next post.

You need to copy the minidump folder to the desktop, compress it and upload it here for review.

wakeboardjoe

i R Q L NOT LESS OR EQUAL. was the latesr crash message

Before that--

Could not access the minidump floder (permission issues) so i will try to log on as the main. User

Also before. 3 updates (i cluding Sp1 were not going through). Failed

i R Q L NOT LESS OR EQUAL. was the latesr crash message

Before that--

Could not access the minidump floder (permission issues) so i will try to log on as the main. User

Also before. 3 updates (i cluding Sp1 were not going through). Failed
That is why you need to copy it to the desktop. If you try and compress it in C:\Windows you get the permission issue. Right click and hold on the minidump folder and drag it the the desktop and compress there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online