Laptop Keeps shutting down. I Need help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rorark

I was on my laptop and its battery went down so it went in to hibernation. When I plugged it in it still wasn't coming on so I press the off button until it went off. Now it keeps saying "we appologized for the inconvienince but windows did not start successfully." I pressed "start windows normally" and it just keeps doing the same thing over and over again! Please help!!!!!!

run a xp repair or xp restore (backup first) then try and boot to safe mode (f8) and remove recently install software or hardware

Try choosing Last known good configuration (or something like that). Restart, press F8, wait for the dialog, and select it. Tell me if it helps!

mabey that may have built in repair function so yes dose f8 safe mode work try that first

Rorark

Ok none of the safe modes will work and I tried last known good configuration. none of them work. It acts like its going to start going to the windows xp symbol and loading thing then a blue screen comes up really fast. It looks like it says something but it goes away to fast and takes me back to the we're sorry for the inconvience screen. aaaahhhhhh!!!!

ok you have defective/broken part probably the motherboard but this may not be true because i cant see the whole error

Well, before running to the store, you should definitely try formatting and doing a clean install. I have no idea about the possible motherboard issue (how the h*ll do you destroy a motherboard?!).

Rorark

Could I press f11 and do a pc recovery? Would that delete all my files?

oh ya its actually easy to kill a motherboard i have seen and had to replace a lot of motherboards for this reason i know it sucks but if its the bord then a fresh install wont work so try it first

I believe it will in fact delete the entire drive, not sure tho! If you really want to back-p some of your files, you could probably do it in DOS (with a windows98 cd for instance and a floppy disk). Do you have only one partition?

Wow, never knew about the motherboard, fragile little thingies!

Rorark

What do you mean by fresh install? I need my files. I didn't have them on a disk.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts