Solved Laptop Keyboard doesn't work

PixelHunter501

First off, hello. I am new to this site and didn't know where to post this question. So, I was recently given a Lenovo G575 Laptop from my sister who grew impatient with the computer when she brought a new frame for it and the touchpad didn't work after that. That is however not the reason why I am here....the real reason is, she accidentally pulled out the hard drive (and more) while the computer was still on.

After that, the keyboard started having problems to where it wouldn't work. Until my sister (who had upgraded the laptop to windows 10) found out that when she shuts down the computer through windows 10 by going to the start menu, then powering it back on...it would work normally unless it is incorrectly turned off again. However...now that the computer has been given to me, I decided to try and put Linux Mint on it thinking that it will work on there....and nope, keyboard does not work (only when I first turn on the computer and not when it boots in the operating system)...

I do not want to use Windows 10. So I am hoping I can get some help on this site without changing the operating system. I seen something else where about pressing F8 but that was with a Dell laptop.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your help in the future.

PixelHunter501

When the laptop's keyboard fails to work, what happens if you plug in a (working) external USB keyboard? If it works okay, recommend replacing the laptop's keyboard. It'll run about $12 (including shipping) ... like this one: https://www.amazon.com/SUNMALL-Keyb...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
It worked with the USB Keyboard, and the problem for me has been found! It was the faulty frame that was bought for it. When the touchpad wire was connected, it would cut off the keyboard. When it was removed, the keyboard started to work fine again. Now I'm just using a USB mouse. I barely use the touchpad on any laptop anyway. Always use a USB mouse so I'm good. Thanks for the answer, though! Now marking this solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online