1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Johno187, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johno187

Johno187 Thread Starter

My wife has recently spilled red wine on my Laptop. I immediately shut down to prevent as much caramelizing of the sugar as possible, removed the keyboard and cleaned the system as much as possible. I re-fitted the keyboard and decided to leave it overnight to help it dry out.

This morning i switched it on and it is playing up. The keyboard responds erratically, with some characters working and others not a all. Some perform functions they should not be doing.

However when i plug a USB wireless keyboard it responds perfectly. I am trying to understand if it down to a keyboard error or otherwise. I find it difficult to see why a simple pressure pad device would cause the problem, but on the other hand on the USB system, what interprets the ACSII characters.

Would replacing the keyboard solve my problems??? Cheers for any help given

Regards

Johno

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

Replacing the keyboard is probably your best bet . .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/690446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice