Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

techheadfred

I have an Acer Nitro that I got 4 months ago. The model is AN515-42-R25P. They keyboard worked fine at first, but then I started having an issue that I've had with other computers, including older desktop PC's, but I think all were running Windows 10... I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Windows 10 forum, because keyboard is hardware (but it could be an issue with the OS, or with drivers, or keyboard settings, or any number of things).

The issue is that sometimes that @ key and the " key get switched around. But then they switch back. And now that they've switched back, if I press the " key or the ' key once, nothing happens. If I press them twice, two characters appear as they normally would. It's very annoying. I've had no issues with any other keys.

I checked device manager, and it's a standard PS/2 keyboard, device status says device is working properly.

I tried updating the driver, but when I search automatically for drivers it says the best drivers for your device are already installed, but there may better drivers on Windows Update or the device manufacturer's website.

I checked Windows Update and it says I'm up to date on all updates.

I've tried playing around with the keyboad settings, changing it from US English to Australian English and back (I am in Australia). At one point I thought it solved the issue, but it came back.

Can anyone help with any other ideas of what may be causing this issue or how to fix it?

Thanks

techheadfred

I changed the keyboard language settings again, from US to Australia, and it fixed it. There's a US keyboard the makes the ' and " keys "dead keys" for some reason

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Very unusual problem, but thanks for replying back so that it might help someone in the future!

Couriant

James
I was going to say that the UK keyboard has " and @ reverse and that changing the keyboard layout should fix it. It may also be within a program too so if you start to see it happen again, check the program you are in for any option to change the language/keyboard layout.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online