Laptop keyboard keys not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PrancerTran

have an issue with the back slash key and the page down key, other keys are working.. sometimes page up also stops and then starts working again
both are not working
using a dell vostro 1540 on windows 10
is this a software issue? or a hardware issue?
if its a hardware issue then can i do some tinkering to get it to work
or replace the keyboard?

thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The Dell Vostro 1540 Notebook PC was released in 2011 and came with Windows 7 64-bit.

How long have you been running Windows 10 in yours, and how long ago did the keyboard issue begin?

What is the exact 7-character service tag number on yours?

-------------------------------------------------

PrancerTran

The Dell Vostro 1540 Notebook PC was released in 2011 and came with Windows 7 64-bit.

How long have you been running Windows 10 in yours, and how long ago did the keyboard issue begin?

What is the exact 7-character service tag number on yours?

-------------------------------------------------
dont know abt windows 10. not my laptop. trying to find a solution for someone else.. so..
the problem seems to be since 2 months approx

if you dont mind me asking then may i know why the service tag is needed?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It is most likely a failing keyboard. They are typically not difficult to replace and there are probably several videos out there showing how to disassemble the laptop.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online