1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Keyboard not Responding after installing Samsung SSD EVO

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Jano23, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jano23

Jano23 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

yesterday I installed a SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 500GB) into my laptop. I have a Acer Aspire E15 Touch (E5-571P-59QA). Everything else is working fine.

The SSD is recognized by my computer and all my usb ports (my wireless keyboad/mouse combo works fine) are working as is the internet connectivity. The trackpad for the laptop mouse is working as well.

The only thing I can think of that isn't working properly is my laptop's keyboard it isn't responding at all. By the way this was the process I followed to open up the laptop and install the SSD in case this might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmsFDi_qsnQ

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 4019 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 2041 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 475908 MB, Free - 269791 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, EA50_HB
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

Jano, welcome to the TSG Forums.... :D

Just to make sure that it is the SSD that is causing the problem, could you please try uninstalling it and then seeing how the KB works... or not.

T.

3. valis

valis Moderator

chances are high you didn't connect the keyboard back in correctly; lord knows I've had to re-open a few laptops to fix that.

4. Tabvla

Tabvla

Never.... no one ever does that.... :D

Not quite as bad as forgetting to put the HDD back..... and getting the message "Cannot find an operating system".

T.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice