Laptop keyboard not responding

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RazRN

My daughter had a plate sitting on my laptop keyboard for who knows how long before I noticed. Immediately afterwards I noted that the keyboard no longer responded when I touched any of the keys. It didn't even light up when I hit the keys like it did previously.

I've gone into Ease of Access and have tried hitting the Fn key and any number of other keys. Nothing has worked. I did get the keyboard to light up again through the ease of access link.

In the past when I held down a button for too long all I had to do was reboot in order to unfreeze the keyboard. That has not helped this time.

Please someone tell me how to fix this! I'm sure it is because of some sticky or filter key thing but I don't know how to disable whatever happened.:confused:

Hi RazRN,

I think it's the hardware problem. Best solution is to get a usb keyboard..

First thing I would try is to go to the device manager, right click on the keyboard click on properties>uninstall. immediately reboot the computer and let Windows find and reinstall it.
Post back and let us know how it goes.
Vicks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts