1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop keyboard not responding

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RazRN, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazRN

RazRN Thread Starter

My daughter had a plate sitting on my laptop keyboard for who knows how long before I noticed. Immediately afterwards I noted that the keyboard no longer responded when I touched any of the keys. It didn't even light up when I hit the keys like it did previously.

I've gone into Ease of Access and have tried hitting the Fn key and any number of other keys. Nothing has worked. I did get the keyboard to light up again through the ease of access link.

In the past when I held down a button for too long all I had to do was reboot in order to unfreeze the keyboard. That has not helped this time.

Please someone tell me how to fix this! I'm sure it is because of some sticky or filter key thing but I don't know how to disable whatever happened.:confused:

2. maceman

maceman

Hi RazRN,

I think it's the hardware problem. Best solution is to get a usb keyboard..

3. vicks

vicks

First thing I would try is to go to the device manager, right click on the keyboard click on properties>uninstall. immediately reboot the computer and let Windows find and reinstall it.
    Post back and let us know how it goes.
    Vicks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice