1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop keyboard not working. Need help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mousepotato19, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mousepotato19

mousepotato19 Thread Starter

Last night, I was doing mom's paper works in my laptop when the keys suddenly stopped functioning. I have no idea what happened. I tried restarting it several times but it's still not working. I also checked the driver for the keyboard and the keyboard's status in the device manager but it says it's working properly.
    I remembered installing a software before the keys stopped working. Will uninstalling that software solve my problem? Also, I've never spilled anything on my keyboard so I'm pretty sure the problem's not in the hardware(keyboard). Scanned it for viruses too. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance. :)

btw, my laptop's a Toshiba satellite L700.

2. reticentAJ

reticentAJ

First Name:
    AJ
    Since you have recently installed some software, and then this problem occurred, I would say that this program is the problem. Instead of uninstalling the program, I would do a system restore. Go to the start icon in the left hand corner, and in the search bar, type system restore. (Since you keyboard doesn't work and you might not have an external keyboard for it, do this. Go to start icon. Go all programs. Go to accessories. Go to system tools. Choose System Restore). This will bring up system restore, and you need to click on it. You can use the recommended system restore point, but if it isn't far enough back, you will want to "choose a different restore point." Make sure the restore point is right before you installed the program, or as close to it as you can get. There should be a restore point right before you installed the program, though. The description usually tells you why the restore point was created, so if you see the name of the program in the description, then that is the restore point you want to choose. It will take you to the point right before you installed the program. After system restore finishes, you should no longer have that program on your computer anymore, and you keyboard should be working now.

3. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Since this is not a thread about comments or suggestions for this website, I've moved it to a more appropriate forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice