1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop keyboard seems to do whatever it wants

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jaybeebrad, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaybeebrad

jaybeebrad Thread Starter

I just installed a new hard drive in my computer (upgraded to a 1TB,) re-installed Windows 8, everything seems to be going great...except...

It seems like my keyboard is ultra sensitive...? That's the best way I know how to describe it. When I rest my hands where I normally do and start typing, especially if I'm going super fast, it seems like keys I'm not pressing get 'pressed', or the cursor just moves to another place on the screen randomly. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's doing this or what I can do to make it stop. It's very very frustrating!! :(

2. Netghost56

Netghost56

Where is your thumb when you are typing???

3. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Like Netghost said where your thumb when typing? I had a laptop that would IRRITATE me to no end whenever my thumb was on the mousepad it would cause those issues. You may, since reinstalling windows have to readjust your mousepads sensitivity settings.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice