1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stephen47, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stephen47

Stephen47 Thread Starter

My son has a Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop. Last week the keyboard stopped working. I just assumed it had worn out so I bought another one from Dell. It arrived today and before I could change it, he called me and told me the old one started working again. Does this mean something sinister is going on? I am going to change it anyway since I have the new one but I wonder if something else might be going on. Thanks for any advice.

2. Stephen47

Stephen47 Thread Starter

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Sinister? Like what? Gremlins? Or a fibbing son who wanted a new computer?

Since nothing was done to troubleshoot the issue when it was actually happening, you're not going to be able to figure out what was wrong.

4. Stephen47

Stephen47 Thread Starter

actually I did troubleshoot and there was windows troubleshooter function assumed that it was an external keyboard so it was no help. And device manager said it was functioning properly when in fact it wasn't.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Windows troubleshooter function? Never heard of it.

In any case, it's working. If it stops working, then you can troubleshoot it.

6. Hughv

Hughv

The Windows troubleshooter functions go back to '98, at least, and maybe '95 (I don't recall for sure).
    They're specific to things like Sound, modem, video, etc.
    They helped me more than once, even though they're kind of simple.
    In Help and Support search on "troubleshooter".

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651138

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice