1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop keys - couple feel different from the rest when pressed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FuzzyWuzzy, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Thread Starter

What to do? Would I be able to pop off the key and put it back on? Will that do the trick. Now just so you know what Im refering to, I notice 2 of my # keys on my laptop have a louder click sound when softly pressed and it feels bit different feedback from the rest.

this is a common problem with keyboards I know. But I was wondring how to pop off the key and put back on.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You may do more damage by trying this - they are quite fragile on most laptops and they can be very hard to re-attach as well. My suggestion would be to clean out the keyboard with a can of compressed air.

3. FuzzyWuzzy

haha clean it out? I just bought it last night. How dirty can it be. Why cant a keyboard ever be perfect meaning all keys feel and press the same, thats all I ask for.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It should, return it.

5. FuzzyWuzzy

i just did change it, god......i aint going back grr. How hard can it be to pop off 2 # keys and put back on, maybe thats all it needs really.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Why should it need to be "fixed" if its new? I've never seen a new laptop have sticky keys before, it would be sent back right away if it did.

If you want to pop it off, go for it. I personally would not, nor would I recommend it to one of our customers. You might get lucky at it might be easy or not or not solve the problem at all.

7. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

My opinion is on your OP, the one about your fan problem. The one bout the fan spinning. In summary: No, you can't 'pop' them off. Send it back for repair and never buy Dell again.

On that note Dell's support is in India. F that. Buy a Sharp laptop next time. Parts (adapters and batteries) may be expensive, but the failure rate in the first 3 years is .013% for PC components (encluding LCD screens). Sharp's is in the good'ol USA and they actually try to fix your problem.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I though it was a Toshiba...

Who isn't in India??? Pretty much all the big boys are, fact of life and its the governments and the consumers faults - that means us.

9. FuzzyWuzzy

its a toshiba and no i just changed it yesterday, so im not going back.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice