Laptop LCD Is Broken...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Christofogus

My LCD screen on my laptop is broken. When I power it up, all I see is the white of the backlight. It broke when it was dropped. At first, the screen would flicker on and off, and sometimes half the screen worked and the other half was simply white. This makes me believe there's a loose connection somewhere. I've taken it apart to try to fix it, but I've not been able to. Is there anything I'm overlooking or should check? I really don't want to send it to a repair shop, my warranty is expired.

Triple6

Rob
Have you tried hooking it up to an external monitor to see if the rest of the laptop works?

If another monitor works, the problem is with your LCD. If you've taken it apart and inspected it yet have found no errors, the only solution might be to take it to a repair shop.

When did it start doing this and did you do something to cause it? (such as drop the machine)

Triple6

Rob
The price of a new LCD is going to shock your pants off. You may be better of off buying a used laptop of EBAY for the LCD.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I have to agree, the cost of repair of the LCD panel is more than the value of almost any laptop!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online