1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop LCD Replacement= System Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Geminiking1987, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Geminiking1987

Geminiking1987 Thread Starter

I have a Gateway NV53A and i actually just purchased it last month. I mistakenly placed it on the floor and steped on it very lightly as I got up. The laptop was folded, so as i unfolded it i noticed the stream of cracks on the LCD screen. I then began to flip!

I looked to ebay and saw the Gateway NV53 laptop lcd (understanding i have a 53A, the new screen only said 53) I ordered the new laptop screen from the certified ebay seller. I then took the laptop apart and then installed the 15.6 LCD screen. I turned the laptop on to check if it worked and it did. it worked perfectly. I turned it on again to see if i could access my desktop with no problems and It did. I was excited.

I then took it home and turned it on and now every time I start the computer it directs me to the black screen with a choice of "START UP REPAIR" OR "START WINDOWS NORMALLY." The black screen at the top also displays the following message:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this."

When I select "Start Normally" my windows vista takes me to the welcome screen where you can see the windows logo and it says "please wait" under the logo. When I select "Repair" it takes it to the repair screen where it cannot find the problem. So now I'm stuck and I cant access my brand new system.

I am thinking this maybe a driver problem or something dealing with the BIOS but I don't know for sure and I am wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction. The screen I purchased from you guys works excellently, but I don't believe the screen is an exact replacement of the last. The connectors are exactly the same and like I said it works, but I cannot seem to get my system past the please wait.

Is there any methods or ideas you guys can give me that can remedy this?

Thank You

2. zabusant

zabusant

Well, I'm basically a complete noob when it comes to Vista... But, still, I'll get this thread going ;)

When you click on "start up repair", what are the options you are given? Is there anything akin to the "last known good configuration" that xp had?

Try tapping F8 after restarting your computer to get to the F8 menu, then select "last known good configuration". If that fails, repeat and select safe mode with networking.

3. Geminiking1987

Geminiking1987 Thread Starter

When it comes to system repair, I have no options at this screen. It takes forever to load the start up repair and when it is finally loaded it is non stop searching for the start up problem which it cant find. And i just tried the F8 key.

Safe Mode was instantly swatted down - Restarted on me
    Last know good configuration - Restarted on me
    Safe Mode w/ Networking - Restarted On me Again.

But i did click this one option called "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure" This option actually allowed me to see the error message of the system crash. It seems to be called

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

it then tells me to take the steps you actually suggested (that dont really work) and then it asks to remove the hardware and try again.... well the hardware is an LCD.... so now im i feel really deep in :(

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

run chkdsk on your 'c' drive!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/952980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice