1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop LCD Screen Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JennB923, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JennB923

JennB923 Thread Starter

I have a HP N5340 Laptop. I opened it up the other day and booted it up and the screen came up black. The computer is booting up b/c upon closer inspection I can actually see the HP logo faintly and the XP login screen. I am pretty good at fixing hardware problems I am just not so familiar with the LCD screen stuff on laptops. Any help would be appreciated.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Hi, and welcome to the TSG forum :) (y)
    so the backlight seems to have gone - have you a monitor -if so you could plug that into the laptop F4 usually toggles to use an external monitor - and then at least see if the laptop works OK - confiming its the screen thats a problem

3. drkilldrmz

drkilldrmz

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    still got a day to go - usually the price increases drastically in last few hours

5. winbob

winbob

Jenn,

As was described in another thread, I had a similar problem with my HP Pavilion Laptop. The problem turned out to be a pinch cable bundle that ran out from the base thru the hinge area to the LCD.

I had addl symptoms though before failure. The screen would flicker, sometimes not come on, but come on after opening and closing a few times.

After I took the thing apart and rearranged the cable, it has worked ever since. So maybe the backlight itself is not blown???

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    went for $59 + $16 p&P

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274668

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice