1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Loops on Restart

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Jerseylinda, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseylinda

Jerseylinda Thread Starter

I am running Windows 8. The laptop is an HP Pavilion g7. I use IE and Firefox both. My problem is that if I choose to "Restart" the computer, it just loops around and around and never completes the cycle. I can shut it off, I can have it sleep, but I can't get it to Restart. Also, if I try to click on the Action Center to resolve running maintenance, I get the same looping (blue circle going around and around) but nothing happens. I have to hard boot out of the system. Any good suggestions? The only answer I get from HP is to reformat my computer; which I am not going to do each time.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3554 Mb
    Graphics Card: Microsoft Basic Render Driver, 7 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 584359 MB, Free - 526603 MB; D: Total - 25330 MB, Free - 3031 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 184B
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled HELP!!:confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1091081

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice