1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jparrish123, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jparrish123

Jparrish123 Thread Starter

I have a Dell inspiron 1525 on windows 7 home premium, it has 1GB of RAM and i was wondering if it would be possible to put any more in as its pretty slow and i use my laptop for my college work.

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Yes you can bump it up to 4gs total.It has 2 memory slots and the ones will you need are DDR2 PC2-5300 SODIMM ram modules.

3. Jparrish123

okay, any idea how much it will cost me?

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    That i cant tell you.You will just have to look around and see if you can find them locally.Since im in the united states and you are in england i wouldnt be much help price wise anyway.

5. Jparrish123

yeah i guess so, thanks anyway

6. Jparrish123

will this be okay? Corsair (VS2GSDS667D2) 2GB DDR2 667MHz/PC2 5300 SODIMM Laptop Memory CL5

7. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Im not real knowledgable on ram as ive never personally replaced any. Im sure someone will be by that can give you much better advice.

8. Jparrish123

9. raybro

raybro

The Corsair RAM has the same specs as acceptable RAM for the Dell Inspiron 1525 as listed by Crucial. However, its generally accepted that mixing RAM brands is not a good idea. Matched pairs is usually the best way to go. You will find out only by trying it.

If you already have the Corsair RAM, I'd give it a go. Otherwise, you might consider purchasing a matched pair of 2 GB sticks. I do not know if Crucial RAM is available in the UK, but if it is take look here.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice