1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SyrupSponge, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SyrupSponge

SyrupSponge Thread Starter

Hello all - first time poster on this forum.

I have a bust up fairly old Intel Celeron 600mhz laptop which could do with a new case/shell (not a bag, it needs the equivalent of a new desktop tower) but I don't know where to find one. I believe this is just a clone of similar laptops made around the same time and the model number is 6133. I was wondering if anybody knew somewhere I could purchase replacement shells/cases and if they stocked a case for this computer.

Everything on the laptop works fine except for a dodgy monitor cable (which would be fixed by moving everything into the new shell) so I don't intend to sell it for parts. I'm also quite experienced in fiddling with computers (my dad's a PC engineer so I've picked up quite a bit from him) and he is willing to help me get this laptop into tip top condition again.

I was also wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the motherboard and processor. At the moment it's a 600mhz intel celeron but I'd rather go with an AMD athlon of some sort as I believe them to be generally better. If anybody knows where I can purchase laptop motherboards to fit certain needs any help there would be gladly appreciated (am looking for a socket A motherboard). If the upgrade to Athlon is not possible I would like to know what the upgradability of my current motherboard is - I shall be looking inside the laptop within the next few days and can probably provide a number for it.

I think that with a few adjustments (new case, new processor, more ram and a bigger hard disk) I can get this baby up to a high standard rather than forking out a grand on a new PC.

Thanks for the help.

Matt.

2. winbob

winbob

Howdy and welcome to the Forum.

Have you contacted the Manufacturer regarding replacement parts? That's where I would start.

BUT to be honest, although you do not give all the specs of the PC, I'd be willing to bet that you could replace the whole thing with a new laptop cheaper than replacing parts like case, MOBO, Processor, RAM, and HD !!! :rolleyes:

So unless there is some "sentimental value", like the case broke stopping a bullet shot at you by terrorists...I'd shop for a new unit. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/370636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice