1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Monitor Not Working External Fine

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bailiwick, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bailiwick

Bailiwick Thread Starter

Hi - Using IBM T42 with External Monitor. When booting Win XP Home SP3, both monitors work, then laptop monitor goes blank. External monitor works fine. I have tried everything I can think of - resetting displays, changing ATI Radeon mobility 7500 driver, disconnecting external monitor, Function key combinations, booting in safe mode. Nothing works. But when the laptop boot starts, the laptop monitor works for a few minutes then shuts down. Seems like a switch is not working properly.
    Any ideas as to how to solve this problem. And the laptop monitor was working fine until a few days ago, the last time I used it alone, i.e., separate from the external monitor.

Many thanks in advance.

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Being that the ibm t42thinkpad is an older model its very possible that the whole screen will need replaced as the ribbon cable, inverters, or backlights might have gone bad.replacing the whole screen might be easier to do than trying to find the individual parts needed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1105862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice