Laptop not booting when internal hard drive is in

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

varun78777

I have a 320GB Toshiba internal hard drive for my Asus E402M laptop. up until recently, it was working perfectly. but now whenever I boot up my laptop, it takes about 5 minutes to load and then does not allow me to log in with my password. I tries taking the hard drive out and then booting it and it worked normally. How can I get my HDD to wokr again.

Triple6

Rob
What do you mean it worked normally after you too the hard drive out? Do you have second drive that boots the operating system?

What is the model number of the hard drive you took out?

varun78777

The laptop has a 32GB eMMC inbuilt which has windows on it. There was a port for a HDD so, about a month ago I installed a MK3276GSX 320GB toshiba hard drive. This hard drive contains all my files and programmes but not the OS. The OS is on the eMMC.
When the Hard drive is plugged in, the laptop takes a very long time to boot and then does not allow me to sign in once booted up. But when i unplug the hard drive, the laptop works fine.
How do I get my Hard drive to work again?

Triple6

Rob
It may have failed, did you make backups like you are suppose too?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is this a new Toshiba drive? I've had a LOT of Toshiba drives fail! Usually right after the laptop warranty expires. Funny how they seem to time that ... ;-)

varun78777

Is this a new Toshiba drive? I've had a LOT of Toshiba drives fail! Usually right after the laptop warranty expires. Funny how they seem to time that ... ;-)
Ahaha no its not new, I think its seconds hand. Lesson learnt, never buy Toshiba hard drives again :/

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Always excellent advice, Rob!

varun78777

Ahaha yes true. So, is there anything I can do to be able to re use this hard drive or recover the programme files off of it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online