Solved Laptop not charging when plugged in

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jfriedlund

I have an HP Probook 4530s laptop that has stopped charging when plugged in. The battery has been replaced recently. I've taken the battery out, pressed the power button for 15 seconds to discharge and then plugged the power charger in but it will not power up. I'm thinking it could be the power cord/charger so I've ordered a replacement since it's the original. One thing that I did notice, when I plug the charger into the laptop, right next to where it seats into the side of the laptop there is a small light that will flash 5 or 6 times then go out. Does this mean anything?

Couriant

James
There is a list of what the state is with the light:

White: The computer is connected to external power and the battery is 90 to 99% charged.
● Amber: The computer is connected to external power and the battery is 0 to 90% charged.
● Blinking amber: A battery that is the only available power source has reached a low battery level. When the battery reaches a critical battery level, the battery light begins blinking rapidly.
● Off: The battery is fully charged.

the next step would be to change the adapter but you may need a new board / power connector on the board

jfriedlund

Got the new charging cord today and it works great. I've never had a power cord just stop working before but turns out it was an easy fix.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online