1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop not connecting to Internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Error_404, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Error_404

Error_404 Thread Starter

I have an HP Pavillion dv2000 with Windows Vista. It has always connected to the internet just fine wirelessly as well as while connected via ethernet cable. Suddenly it won't connect wirelessly at home anymore. I'm not sure of the problem. I've checked the router..Everything seems fine. Other computers work fine in the house. If I connect the laptop using the ethernet cable it also connects fine.

By the wireless card there is a little light indicating whether wireless is working or not.. It says it works, although it doesnt.... When I click "Connect to a Network" and select my home Network, (which shows a full signal) it goes for about a second to the connection screen and then right away to
    Windows cannot connect to (network)
    -> Diagnose the problem.

Ive obviously "Diagnosed the problem" but nothing turns up.. So? What should I try?

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you should be able to re-enable encryption and reconnect.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/727109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice