1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Not Connecting to Wireless Connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sunshine714, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sunshine714

sunshine714 Thread Starter

When I try to connect to the internet via a wireless connection, I select the connection I want and it says it's connected.

However when I go to the wireless connection properties it is sending but not receiving and it won't connect to the internet.

I went to the CMD and typed in IPCONFIG and get the message saying my "Media Not Connected."

I have pushed the green button on the router so my laptop can pick up the settings but it still won't connect.

Also, I took my laptop to my friends house and was able to connect on their wireless.

I am on Windows Vista. - PLEASE HELP!!! :(

2. Ihatecats

Ihatecats Banned

Really sounds like you need to update your wireless driver but post the logs requested below in your next reply so I can see if there are any other issues.

Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue.

Make sure the following options are checked:
    Internet Services
    Windows Firewall
    System Restore
    Security Center/Action Center
    Windows Update

Press "Scan".
    It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
    Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Report IE Proxy Settings
    Report FF Proxy Settings
    List content of Hosts
    List IP configuration
    List Winsock Entries
    List last 10 Event Viewer log
    List Installed Programs
    List Users, Partitions and Memory size
    List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

3. haryl87

haryl87

Try rebooting your router, if that doesn't work then hard reset it and reconfigure it.

4. kenny3

kenny3

you would need to set up a new network on your router and new password then on your system remove all the older networks by going to network and sharing>manage wireless networks> remove all of > add manaually new network

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060546