1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop not recognising memory stick.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cutiecatuk, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cutiecatuk

cutiecatuk Thread Starter

I have been using a memory stick adapter to download my photos from my camera for years and recently it has not worked. Firstly the Camera and Scanner Wizard stopped popping up and now I cannot see the drive in My Computer.

I recently tried to install a new driver as recommended on the HP website and for some reason this does not seem to work. When I go in the device manager there is an exclamation mark next to the driver.

Can anyone please help? All I have succeed in doing is wiping the photos off the memory stick. This is very upsetting.

Thank you.

Compaq Presario V4000
    Windows XP

2. vicks

vicks

try right clicking on the driver in device manager, then select properties, drivers, try roll back driver.
    another thing that might work is to do a system restore to a date before the problem started.
    vicks

3. cutiecatuk

cutiecatuk Thread Starter

Thanks Vicks. I have just dug out another memory stick adapter an low and behold it recognised it. This also seem to kick start the driver updates that I had downloaded. I still can't get the Camera Wizard to launch - even if I open it manually.

Any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/725479