1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop not recognizing my SD memory card anymore,why not?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Dripper, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dripper

Dripper Thread Starter

Never had an issue plugging my phone (with my memory card attached) to my laptop and nit pops up.i could add tunes to the card,etc.....i had microsoft office.it would not delete or remove from my laptop.i downloaded "Revo unistaller pro" and it took it right off like noones busi (good program to use and virus free,i'd presonally recommend).Howevermafter removing it,it askes for a scan (for any leftover folders relating to that specific progrma i deleted).there were about 10-15 things left over related to that program alone.i did delete all of those things (mkaing sure it was for that program and nothing else).

now,what does this have to do with my memory card not popping up anymore i ask?

ever since i did delete those extra folder and things related to microsoft,my memory care ever since has not popped back up on my laptop nor does it even recognize when the card is there and i can't even find it anywheres on my laptop,nowheres.pure coincidence? or ironic? I'm computer savy.it's a s imple procedure to fix,but i can't seem to correct it..and um.....i'd like to fix this so i can add more music back unto my card.ok c'mon people lil help here.:rolleyes:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do other cards work? Can you restore what was removed, or use System Restore?

3. Dripper

Dripper Thread Starter

i checked my device manager,all is good except one thing from the volume section and of course from the memory card section.i did delete it,but haven't rebooted,yet.i have this gut wrenching feeling after a reboot,the problem will still there.

i saw an old post made on here dating back to 2006 for the same issue.the thread was closed out.

someone mentioned removing the card,unistalling it,rebooting,reinstall,and plug it back in...haven't tried it,yet.

this is a simple task,but obviously it's the easy ones that are the hardest.anymore advice before i move on? i think i deleted something of worth importance that relates to my meory card popping up again.i just checked my cell phone and my songs work like a charm (with the card attached),and so it's not the card itself,but something else.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. Dripper

Dripper Thread Starter

I've already done a system restore a couple diff times and it still won't pop up like it before i deleted all of the programs extra folders after a good scan.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/988776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice