1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop not turning on right away

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dsbear97, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dsbear97

dsbear97 Thread Starter

I have a Gateway M305 laptop and I used to be able to press the power button and my laptop would turn on immediately, but all of a sudden it stop turning on right away. I have to press the power button from anywhere between 10 sec to 1 min before it turns on. This happens whether the AC adapter is connected or not. The light does turn on anytime my AC adapter is connected. Once my laptop does finally turn on it works perfectly so I don't won't just get rid of it since it still works great once it is on. I'm just afraid that at some point it is just not going to turn on. I also noticed that it takes longer to turn on when it's been off for a while. If I turn it off and let a min or two go by and then press the power button it turns on almost right away but still not like it used to. Please help.

2. happyrck

happyrck

try taking the batterey out and reconnecting it

3. dsbear97

dsbear97 Thread Starter

i have many times, i still have trouble turning it on

4. happyrck

happyrck

have you tried system restore...

5. dsbear97

dsbear97 Thread Starter

No, this started happening about 1-2 months ago and I haven't figured it out why it doest this yet and in the mean time i have saved lots of pictures and videos that i need to back up first. I'll back up my pictures first and i'll do a system restore. thank you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/471266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice