1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop not turning on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by remboi, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. remboi

remboi Thread Starter

Hi,

My sisters sony viao stopped working the months ago because my nephew poured milk on it. They took it to a shop but it couldn't be fixed.

The other day i thought i might aswell try it. I took the battery out and tried to turn it on, and it worked!

I turned it off once it loaded up. Today i tried to turn it on but it wouldn't turn on!

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Remboi

2. zyper95

zyper95

There is a possibility that the liquid spill on the laptop has not dried up properly, this is the reason after several months and you tried it and it work but after shutting it down ity no longer works again. There is a possibility that corrosion on the parts of the motherboard is causing this problem. I woould advise to have the motherboard checked by certified technician or contact Sony to have it fixed or replace the motherboard (you will be paying for the repair since the damage was customer induced).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/846143

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice