1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

laptop over heating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tiit212, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tiit212

tiit212 Thread Starter

hello everyone.

Well i have problem my pc keeps over heating because the fans are covered with dust inside. I wanted to open the laptop up but at some places it cant be opened withoud breaking it :mad: So i was thining of asking here what could or should i do with that problem cause i cant work on my laptop like that when it overheats. And dont tell me to buy a new one :D

2. Hawkesy

Hawkesy

hey, mabey try buying a cooling unit for the laptop.
    I had the exact problem, and within a week of using the laptop with the cooling unit, all the dust had gotten blown out.

P.S (Make sure to dust yourself off after using, can make you look like you got dirt thrown at your pants :) )

3. tiit212

tiit212 Thread Starter

yeah should buy it but i never know which cooling unit is good

4. Hawkesy

Hawkesy

5. Hughv

Hughv

What's the make and model?

6. Hawkesy

Hawkesy

Take a closer look at the website, it tells you.
    N100 Cooling Pad, and its logitech, look at the site.

7. frankjohn

frankjohn

Dont open it up > blow out the vents wit can of air

8. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

Alot of lint collects on the backside of the fins of the heat exchanger....usually back blowing with air and a straw will blow it off....you now have alot of lint around the fan of course....take a vacuum nozzle and hold it up against the holes on the bottom where the fan sucks in..run the vacuum for just a brief spell...just flip it on and turn it off a couple times..as to avoid static by the vacuum.

On some laptops there is a small gap just before the fins after removing a bottom cover making cleaning a breeze.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice