1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop overcharged???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JasOnKastark, May 17, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. JasOnKastark

JasOnKastark Thread Starter

So I used my Laptop and I was watching some YouTube videos when I got a notification that said that I needed to charge it. So in fear of missing anything from the video and because I couldn't find the charger I used the charger of my other Laptop and since then I'm not able to turn the Laptop on. Eventually I found the other charger that belongs to that Laptop and if I try to charge it now with that charger all it does is the LED lights up but I'm not able to turn it on. Even after research I still don't know what's going on so I'd be grateful for all the help I can get. Thank you in advance!

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You've probably damaged it.
    You can't use a charger with more volts.

Example: my Asus tablet has a charger with 5.2V
    My Samsung phone and tablet have chargers with 5V.
    If I used the Asus charger on the Samsung devices, I'd fry them because of the over voltage.

3. JasOnKastark

JasOnKastark Thread Starter

Ok thank you, but is there any way of fixing the fried Laptop?

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Tell us the make and full model name of both laptops please. Also are both chargers original ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice