1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop - poor performance :(

Discussion in 'Games' started by Abbiulucas, Mar 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Abbiulucas

Abbiulucas Thread Starter

Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

I hope every single one of you are doing great. recently I obtained this new laptop which is a good laptop with good specs (in my opinion) but it is REALLY bad in performance, I really can't get the reason why... if the laptop is just bad just let me know, but if its, all in all, good then it must have a problem.

Ok what I know about my laptop is:
    1- It has 4gb nvidia MX150
    2- Intel Core I7 , 8550U CPU @ 1,80GHz 1,99 GHz
    3- 8GBs of RAM.
    4- I have Windows 10 Pro on it.

the thing is, it always freazes, slow in performance, and I can't get a simple game like PUBG Mobile (using tencent gaming buddy emulator) to work without laging on it....

Any help or comments will be appreciated, am really lost.

Best regards. :*

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Right click on Task Bar, choose Task Manager. Go to StartUp tab. Disable all programs that you don't need to run upon sign in.

Go to Settings > Privacy > Background Apps and either turn it entire off, or decide which apps are allowed to run hidden in the background.

Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Disk Cleanup and let it free up some disk space.

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapter, right click on driver and choose Update. New driver can have better performance and stability.

3. Abbiulucas

Dear Lunarlqnder,
    Thanks for your quick response.
    The startup apps I have all disabled except for idm which is very light.
    Regarding those things you mentioned above, i don't think they’d matter to a point where my laptop would run as it is supposed to be, I think I have a problem with the windows version, don’t u agree?

4. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    That emulator may be the center of your problems.

Using the search terms "tencent gaming buddy emulator malware"
    brings up this hit first :

Browser Hijacking Malware on Tencent Gaming Buddy
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGMobile...er_hijacking_malware_on_tencent_gaming_buddy/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGMobile/comments/8pqiw3/tencent_gaming_buddy_has_virus/

I'd recommend some malware/virus/trojan scans to see if that is your problem.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  5. Abbiulucas

I turn on windows defender sometimes to do overall scan and the system is always clear

Some people use an operating system especially for android. I once used one of these but the key mappings sucked real hard so I deleted it right away, but I remember it was good.

6. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
  7. JamesWatt

JamesWatt

First Name:
    James
    Install windows update, sort your hard drive, keep your computer clean, upgrade hardware.

8. melodydurrant

melodydurrant

First Name:
    Melody
    I agree with heyarchit098. I had this problem before. My games were running on integrated one. Nvidia sometimes puts integrated one as a default. In these case change preferences in the video card control panel. Freezes can be caused because of overheating problem. Good luck in solving this issue!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice