1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Power Button

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrmerck, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrmerck

mrmerck Thread Starter

My wife has a HP Pavillion laptop with a power problem.It started a few months ago in that pressing the power button would not start the computer.She has to remove the battery and magically it will power up.I have been able to occasionally(50% of the time) get it to work by pressing with a pen tip on the far right corner of the power button.

Can someone shed any light on this and a possible fix? Her computer is now dead and the battery removal process won`t work.

Thanks!

2. AshleeD

AshleeD

I know what I would try > Unscrew the top panel and press the button directly. If that works replace the panel to its position and leave the screws out.

3. Snuffy1

Snuffy1

Take the Battery out... im sure the battery is DEAD and that is what caused your problem...
    so apparently you burned part of the circuit out or broke a connection...
    some time u can (LEAVE THE BATTERY OUT..) unplug the adapter press and hold the button down for
    2 min (120 sec ) release the power button... plug in the adaper... see if the adapter lite show it is plugged in... (yes) then (LEAVE THE BATTERY OUT) press power button and away it should go..
    if NO then gently - move the adapter plug around up-down-left side- right side- an see if the adapter lite blinks..(yes) that means you need to take to a shop and pay to get it fixed...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1005973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice