1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop power connection failing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EmeraldLily, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldLily

EmeraldLily Thread Starter

Hi there,
    I'm having connection problems with my Samsung R60 plus, the battery doesn't hold it's power anymore but I think that should be resolved if I buy a new battery (it is about 2 or three years old now) but the power chord won't charge my laptop at all unless I hold it at a certain angle, which is getting harder and harder to find.
    This problem has happened before and I bought a new adaptor which solved the problem for a few months but now it's started again.
    Does this mean that the jack inside needs replacing? Is it worth doing if so?
    Thanks for the help again, I really appreciate it.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    If you can hold the plug steady in the computer and only move the cord around to make and break the connection, then another power adapter may solve your problem.

If you can hold the cord steady where it enters the back of the plug and moving the plug around in the computer's socket makes the connection come and go, you may have a broken solder joint on the socket or the socket itself is broken.

A broken solder joint may be easily fixable by someone who knows how to safely solder on motherboards and can take the laptop apart.

A broken connector may be more difficult to replace because they come in many different sizes and configurations. A repair shop might recommend replacing the entire motherboard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971462

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice