1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop power connection repair

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dgambrel, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgambrel

dgambrel Thread Starter

Im sitting here looking at the motherboard on a Presario V2000 that belongs to my son's friend. The power plug pulled loose from the motherboard and he had it repaired at a shop near where he used to live. They soldered on a pigtail from the motherboard to a generic connector that he plugged the power supply into. Well, there was nothing to hold the pigtail in place but the solder and it pulled out again. I'm reasonably handy enough to re-solder the wires, but I need to get the polarity right. There is no indication which terminal on the motherboard connects to the inner and outer terminals of the power supply. I havent been able to fnd a schematic for the motherboard to give direction. This is for a 20 yr. old kid who cant go out and spend a bundle to fix this. Can anyone help out here?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice