1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Power Up Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rbuck, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rbuck

rbuck Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspiron 3541 Laptop running Windows 10. When I try to power up either battery or adapter often I get the onboard power light to come on and the Dell icon on the screen very briefly then nothing! If I try enough times eventually I may get a boot and all is well. I have removed and inserted the battery multiple times.
    When engaging the power switch should I hold it down or push and release? Don't know what else to try. Could be the power switch is faulty, loose or???

Thanks,
    Bob

2. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    try unplugging from the mains and removing all devices, usb's and battery. press and hold the power button for 20 secs and replace battery and plugin to the mains to power up.

if not it could be a case disconnect all drives and remove any expansion boards you may have. plug devices in one by one until you find the offending device. It could be something as simple as a short or a board/memory stick not inserted correctly. As in not completely seated. Will it boot then?

3. rbuck

rbuck Thread Starter

After multiple tries with the power button it boots and all is well until the next time I power up. Doesn't matter whether I am on battery or adapter. I tend to think the power button is flaky. Dell laptop have had frequent problems with the button.. Is a mess to replace and spendy to have done!
    Thanks

Bob

4. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    i hear you ...
    this page, on the subject of the Dell Inspiron 3541 Laptop power button. offers the ID of parts and location, which may help with more info on the parts:
    http://blog.parts-people.com/catego...spiron-15-3541/power-button-inspiron-15-3541/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1172944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice