1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop powers when plugged, but shuts down when battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by johncray, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johncray

johncray Thread Starter

Hi I have an acer aspire one 725 and I'm having some battery issues. The laptop will power up and run fine without a battery inserted, but when you insert one it immediately shuts down. I have tried with 2 brand new acer branded batteries

2. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    welcome to the forum....

its been seen at ours with several makes and as the batteries are new and branded, this narrows down the possibilities to points and the new battery short circuiting the laptop.

power down the machine, unplug the power supply. power the machine back on (battery). once its fully up and running plug the power supply back in....this should reset the power plan software.

now unplug the power supply and see if the machine stays on, which would be and sorted. if when you try to power the laptop back on and it doesn't light up.. then it is either physical damaged, such as a connector or a trigger within the system os.
    also, link for similar issue:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-do-i-change-the-low-battery-notification

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1172951

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice