Laptop problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ellie07

The charger for my toshiba laptop doesn't seem to be working. It says that it's charging but isn't actually doing so! Could this be a problem with the charger or the battery itself? Any help is appreciated!!

sounds like you'll be needing a new power unit, you can get universal ones as long as the connector is standard, Dell laptops use a proprietory connector but most other brands, like toshiba have standard ones.

you will need to check the output voltage and current rating, this will be printed on the supply

Voltage "x.xV" must be the same
Current "x.xA" must be greater or equil to your current power suply
Also note the polarity 'positive or negitave centre pin' it is very important that this is correct before connecting a replacement supply.

it may also be wise to test the current supply's voltage, as the problem could be in the power supply within the laptop (although this is less likley), if the supply has a light dose it come on at all??

ellie07

The light does come on and it's says that it's charging the laptop but the battery percentage doesn't seem to get any higher. I'm not very computer savvy so I'll probably take it into a shop and see what they recommend! That's for your help :)

The light does come on and it's says that it's charging the laptop but the battery percentage doesn't seem to get any higher. I'm not very computer savvy so I'll probably take it into a shop and see what they recommend! That's for your help :)
Does it boot into Windows?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.