1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DemonMonk, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DemonMonk

DemonMonk Thread Starter

my friend has this labtop that has its hotkeys going crazy like i press m goes to desktop and the start menu keeps popping up if u can shed any light on this pls pls help xD

2. Bernardo

Bernardo

You need to give more info please.

3. DemonMonk

DemonMonk Thread Starter

um idk what more info i can say its new to me i know its somthing to do with setting but i cant anything like that and i tried using diff keyboard and its the same

4. Bernardo

Bernardo

Did this just start to happen? Some laptop keyboards have a setting where one side of the keyboard can be changed to type the characters under the letters. It is controlled by using the FN and SCR LK key.

Are there other keys that are affected?

5. DemonMonk

DemonMonk Thread Starter

i did check that out and stil did it like i said used a usb keyboard and still got hotkeys and i dont know if it did just start doing it but i think he used it and it didnt do this stuff

6. Bernardo

Bernardo

Have they tried a system restore point back to when things were working correctly?

7. DemonMonk

DemonMonk Thread Starter

i tryd that to and it stills works

8. Bernardo

Bernardo

It still works, or doesn't work? I'm assuming that English isn't your first language? It's ok if it's not.....just so that we can try to understand you better.

9. DemonMonk

DemonMonk Thread Starter

i plugged in my desktop keyboard and the hotkeys were still on , or i think that they are hotkeys ,and to make things clear i know about the Fn Key and thats not it. i tried to to restore it and its the same the keys are still weird

10. DKTaber

DKTaber

Just a thought: Do you have the right keyboard selected under Control Panel, Regional & Language Settings, Languages, Details? Should be English and US.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice