Laptop problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DemonMonk

my friend has this labtop that has its hotkeys going crazy like i press m goes to desktop and the start menu keeps popping up if u can shed any light on this pls pls help xD

DemonMonk

um idk what more info i can say its new to me i know its somthing to do with setting but i cant anything like that and i tried using diff keyboard and its the same

Did this just start to happen? Some laptop keyboards have a setting where one side of the keyboard can be changed to type the characters under the letters. It is controlled by using the FN and SCR LK key.

Are there other keys that are affected?

DemonMonk

i did check that out and stil did it like i said used a usb keyboard and still got hotkeys and i dont know if it did just start doing it but i think he used it and it didnt do this stuff

It still works, or doesn't work? I'm assuming that English isn't your first language? It's ok if it's not.....just so that we can try to understand you better.

DemonMonk

i plugged in my desktop keyboard and the hotkeys were still on , or i think that they are hotkeys ,and to make things clear i know about the Fn Key and thats not it. i tried to to restore it and its the same the keys are still weird

Just a thought: Do you have the right keyboard selected under Control Panel, Regional & Language Settings, Languages, Details? Should be English and US.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts