Laptop question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

firstc520

I am looking at getting a laptop any help in leading me the correct way would be appreciated.

I use my pc for mild video editing and use photoshop at times also. very little gaming. and of course general internet habits, would like it to have wireless capabliites though.

help me out please?

thanks

First_c

I have a Sager 8890 for home use and I havent had any problems, ive had it for about 2.5 years now. I bought a wireless card for it though. But all in all, no problems and very durable laptops.

I have friends who have owned every other laptop and had problems, some major and some minor, and the two of us that have Sagers have never really encountered any problems. When I say problems, I mean physical hardware problems like parts failing and such. So yes it is overboard, but I think in my eyes it is the best there is. Thats just me though. :)

Hey I'd get it too If I had a couple grand lying around... but Im only 15 so thats not gonna happen for a while.

Hi First_c
Dabbling here --I have had many Lappys over the past decade and my first was a Sony --then got pis----off at them only to find after using 5 other brands that their service is not as bad as I thought so now again have a Sony for the past 14 months
PCG-GRT100 with a 16.1 screen that is by far the best on the market.
I have never had any hardware go bad on my Sony ( not so with others )
I got this Lappy, as it was a cancelled order that they had on shelf
Cost me $1658 ---that was compared to the list of $2100 --however keep in mind that it was at the end of the model run
Plan on keeping this one for at least 5 yrs, as it is a P4-2.4 with 1g of ram
I added 512 --and if you look at my thread I plan on upgrading the WiFi mini PCI card to a a/b/g card
I run MS Office as I use this Lappy to do a lot of Database work
My smallest database has 11837 line entries and the largest is now close to 1mil
With all this data I still do not have to wait when I need to run a query --as soon as I hit the run tab the info is on the screen ( very impressive )
When I travel I take DVDs with me and watch movies with no lag at all --in fact I spend a lot of time in Airports and if you ever see someone in a corner with a group of children watching a movie it will most likely be me.
Good luck and keep in mind no matter what you may buy it is yours and you must make the best of what you have.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online