1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop Recommendation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Evs, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evs

Evs Thread Starter

Hi guys! New member here. I'd live to know what new laptops of 2019 are good. I'm trying to get one and am either confused or/and unsure. I'm not a heavy gamer, I'd like something with good battery life and I can do work in. Do let me know. Thanks!

2. 8biosdrive

8biosdrive

There are many good laptops out there, with many different designs and features. It's a pretty personal decision. Just what are you confused about? I assume you're looking for a Windows laptop? Does weight matter? Do you want the 2-in-1 design that doubles as a tablet? Consider screen size, hard drive capacity (it sounds like the standard 500Gb to 1 Tb should work), RAM (it sounds like the standard 8 Gb should work), the processor (it sounds like an i5 would be fine), and you've already said longer battery life is important. Go to Dell.com and look at there laptops. I like the Inspiron series but they have many other models. Look at hp.com, Toshiba, Lenovo. Read some reviews. Someone could tell you to get model x, but that doesn't mean you'll be happy with it. And come back with any questions. Good luck!

3. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    You need to be more introspective on your requirements paired with a budget.
    • Do you want a 14" display or a 15" ~ 17" Display ?
    • Do you want both Wired Ethernet and WiFi ?
    • Do you have BlueTooth devices you want to pair the laptop with ?
    • Do you want an embedded CD/DVD drive or can an external USB CD/DVD drive be enough ?
    • Do you want to use an External Monitor and Keyboard ?

You say you want "good battery life". Some notebooks have a choice of a 6 or a 9 cell battery. Most OTC laptops are only the 6 cell type.

Good battery life can also be gained. A notebook that uses a spindle hard disk requires more power for that hard drive than a SSD. Thus a SDD in a notebook results in longer battery life.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice