1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Laptop restarts without screen again and again.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by apocalypso, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. apocalypso

apocalypso Thread Starter

hello all,
    my laptop restarts again and again even it do not allow the screen to come up. i tried to press F8 but it do the same, than i tried to press F10 on starting it stops restarting but no screen comes up. i tried to hook it up with an external monitor while pressing F10 nothing comes up.
    before some days ago it showed this problem like restarting after some time maybe 1 hr or so. my guess is that i moved into new place and this place has carpet so may be the laptop was just getting heated up and restarting. but now it is completely dead.
    i tried to run it without battery and with only power but no effect.
    than i read some forums they say to open it up and reassemble it i did that too i open up all the laptop piece by piece and reassemble it but it is still the same. :confused:
    please some body help me it this.
    thanks

2. sykokid3

sykokid3 Banned

try using a boot disk or device! or try reinstalling the os !

3. apocalypso

oh sorry to mention that, i did put my recovery disk and tried to boot from that but doesnot works. its quite clear if i cant go to the bios itself how will i be able to boot from the recovery disk..:p.(n)
    thanks

4. apocalypso

no body to answer my problem ? :(

5. pumpylumpy

pumpylumpy

sounds like the power supply has died but i anit an expert with laptops

6. apocalypso

the fan of the cpu is running and the led lights comes up so i think power supply is not a problem ..

7. pumpylumpy

pumpylumpy

power supply might not be giving the system enough power to switch on or it keeps failing and restarting over and over,

8. apocalypso

so how can i check if that is the problem ?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/845092